Mar. 18, 2020
As a Wheel Bearing Manufacturer, let me share with you.
1. Pay attention to the early warning signal of Wheel Bearing: including any frictional noise during rotation or abnormal deceleration of suspension combination wheels during cornering.
2. In the process of storage, transportation and installation of hub bearings, to protect the bearing components, you must refer to the automobile manufacturing instructions and use special tools for installation.
3. It is recommended to replace the bearings in pairs. One side has problems. For various considerations, the integrity of the other side is questioned. Therefore, replacing them together is also a precautionary method.
4. In order to ensure a long service life of the bearing, carefully check the shaft and bearing seat before installation, but do not hit the bearing with a hard object.
5. For the hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring may be damaged and water or dust may enter. Even the raceways of the seal ring and the inner ring are damaged, causing permanent failure of the bearing.
6. When installing a hub bearing with an ABS magnetic thrust ring, point the side with the magnetic thrust ring inward, facing the sensitive components of the ABS. If you are not sure which side the thrust ring is mounted on, you can use a light and small object near the edge of the bearing, and the magnetic force generated by the bearing will attract it. Whether it is installed correctly or not has a bearing on the function of the braking system.
7. Ensure that the magnetic thrust ring in the seal ring equipped with the ABS device bearing will not be subject to external forces, including other magnetic field collisions and impacts. When removing from the box before installation, keep away from magnetic fields. When installing these bearings, observe the ABS alarm pin on the dashboard through road conditions tests to change the operation of the bearings.
8. Ensure that there is a sufficient amount of grease in the bearing. For some unsealed bearings, such as double-row tapered roller bearings, grease must be added during installation, and sealed ones are not required. Because the inner cavity of the bearing is different in size, it is impossible to determine how much grease to add. If the grease is too much, when the bearing rotates, the excess will leak out. General experience: During installation, the total amount of grease should account for 50% of the bearing clearance.
9. When installing the lock nut, the torque varies greatly due to the different bearing types and bearing housings. Note the relevant instructions.
10. In order to ensure safety and reliability to the greatest extent, it is recommended that you always check the wheel bearing regardless of the age of the vehicle.
For rear-wheel-drive vehicles, it is recommended to lubricate the front wheel bearings when the vehicle travels up to 38,000 kilometers. When replacing the brake system, check the bearings and replace the oil seal.
11. In addition, the bearings should be installed in a clean and tidy environment to prevent fine particles from entering the bearings and shorten the service life of the bearings.
Our company also has Wheel Bearing Parts on sale, welcome to consult.